No matter what may happen in the end of M. Night Shyamalan’s super-sequel Glass, it has claimed a big superhero scalp in the form of Aquaman, finally dethroned after a few consecutive weeks at the box office.
Of the other new releases over the weekend, Mary Queen of Scots rounds out the top four over fellow Mary Mary Poppins Returns, while Storm Boy takes out tenth spot on the list, and The Kid Who Would Be King can’t scrape into the top ten.
Full results below:
1. Glass $444,933 (Walt Disney)
2. Aquaman $353,250 (Warner Bros.)
3. How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World $318,353 (Universal)
4. Mary Queen of Scots $245,499 (Universal)
5. Mary Poppins Returns $191,948 (Walt Disney)
6. Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse $179,702 (Sony)
7. Instant Family $166,127 (Paramount)
8. Ralph Breaks the Internet $155,749 (Walt Disney)
9. Bohemian Rhapsody $129,185 (Fox)
10. Storm Boy $55,410 (Sony)
Source: Numero. Estimated figures as at 1:06PM, 21/01/19