This week at the New Zealand box office, Fast & Furious: Hobbs & Shaw was just $40k shy of nabbing a clean two million in its first week—a handsome gross for the spinoff action flick. Another live-action cartoon, The Lion King, scored an easy million in its third week.
Gotta give a bit of kudos to Yesterday for staying in the Top 4 in its sixth week. Clearly, it needs no… help… or anyone to… hold its hand. It’s doing just fine.
1. Fast & Furious: Hobbs & Shaw $1,960,498 (Universal)
2. The Lion King $1,220,296 (Disney)
3. Spider-Man: Far From Home $156,391 (Sony)
4. Yesterday $146,487 (Universal)
5. Toy Story 4 $120,012 (Disney)
6. The Keeper $76,222 (Icon)
7. Camino Skies $58,463 (Limelight)
8. Chal Mera Putt $51,665 (Mindblowing)
9. The Secret Life of Pets 2 $50,261 (Universal)
10. Booksmart $45,025 (Universal)
Source: Numero. Estimated figures as at 12:51pm, 8/08/19