Can’t say we saw this coming, but Johnny English Strikes Again dominated the New Zealand box office over the weekend. Essentially Rowan Atkinson’s Goldmember, the second sequel to John Key’s favourite film did double the numbers of 2nd place film, Disney’s overseas hit Christopher Robin. Meanwhile, Crazy Rich Asians still pulls in the big sums with almost another quarter mil. this weekend.
See below for full report.
1. Johnny English Strikes Again $586,250 (Universal)
2. Christopher Robin $273,649 (Disney)
3. Crazy Rich Asians $226,612 (Warner Bros.)
4. A Simple Favour $210,362 (Roadshow)
5. Ladies in Black $156,361 (Sony)
6. The Nun $145,401 (Warner Bros.)
7. The Predator $119,633 (Fox)
8. Smallfoot $78,022 (Warner Bros.)
9. Searching $45,472 (Sony)
10. Qismat $35,719 (Forum)
Source: Numero. Estimated figures as at 1:54pm, 24/09/2018