Bradley Cooper’s A Star is Born headlined the New Zealand box office this weekend. There was no competition, earning four times as much as David Gordon Green’s Halloween, which almost claimed second place from Venom.
This somewhat counters the US box office figures, which saw the slasher claim a whopping $77 mil. in its opening weekend. For scale, its budget was a meagre $10 mil.
See below for full report:
1. A Star is Born $810,596 (Warner Bros.)
2. Venom $248,473 (Sony)
3. Halloween $221,197 (Universal)
4. First Man $170,457 (Universal)
5. King of Thieves $123,373 (Studiocanal)
6. Badhaai Ho $94,232 (Forum)
7. Goosebumps 2: Haunted Halloween $74,079 (Sony)
8. Johnny English Strikes Again $60,737 (Universal)
9. Smallfoot $59,085 (Warner Bros.)
10. Bad Times at the El Royale $46,876 (Fox)
Source: Numero. Estimated figures as at 12:35pm 22/10/18