Crazy Rich Asians, aka the film that won’t quit, continued to make bank this week, getting richer by nearly half a mil and now eyeing up hitting a cume of $3 million within the next couple of weeks.
The Nun scared up another good chunk of change, but as for The Predator – well, it’s a bit of a mess, if an enjoyable one, but we expected this to be a bit more critic-proof. Bad word of mouth? Or something else?
As Deadline reports, the international take for The Predator “came in below industry estimates we were hearing before the weekend” as well. Might be another long wait for a sequel… Anyhow – here are the full figures for the week:
1. Crazy Rich Asians $442,572 (Warner Bros.)
2. The Nun $396,653 (Warner Bros.)
3. The Predator $382,652 (Fox)
4. A Simple Favour $366,502 (Roadshow)
5. Searching $101,932 (Sony)
6. The Meg $97,598(Warner Bros.)
7. Book Club $94,307 (Transmission)
8. Spitfire $66,452 (Rialto)
9. Mission: Impossible – Fallout $58,917 (Paramount)
10. BlacKkKlansman $51,809 (Universal)
Source: Numero. Estimated figures as at 1:33pm, 20/09/2018