Roxy Cinema

    Roxy Cinema

    5 Park Road, Miramar, Wellington

    LICENSEDHISTORIC

    Miramar's Roxy Cinema (previously the Capitol Court and before that the Capitol Theatre), built in 1928. Features two cinemas, a cafe restaurant and a cocktail lounge. Behind this fantastic renovation are a group of passionate Wellingtonians from the film & hospitality industries - including Weta Workshop's Richard Taylor. Full Details

    FIND TIMES & TICKETS

    Full Cinema Details

    Getting Here, Map & Parking

    History

    The Roxy Cinema begain as the Capital Theatre, purpose built in 1928 to screen silent films. In 1932 the cinema was converted to screen 'talkies' making it the last theatre in Wellington to do so. The cinema operated throughout the 30s through to the early 60s, with the last film being screened in 1964. The building was then converted to the Capital Court, a shopping mall with a variety of small businesses operating.