Find the latest TV shows and movies to stream on Netflix
Netflix is the world’s streaming juggernaut, and the number one streaming service in New Zealand. MORE
It has a catalogue of over 5,000 movies and TV shows including original/exclusive content. Netflix launched in 1997 in California as a DVD rent-by-post service. It’s streaming service launched in 2010 and arrived in New Zealand in 2015. See below for what’s new and what Flicks recommends on Netflix New Zealand.
What devices can I use to watch Netflix?
Devices: Apple TV, Chromecast, Telstra TV, Android TV, Roku, Amazon Fire TV
Gaming Consoles: Sony PS3, Sony PS4, Microsoft Xbox One and 360
Smart TV: Samsung, LG, Sony, Panasonic, Philips
Mobile/Tablets: iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows 10
PCs & Laptops: Any internet browser
Full support & device details.
How much does Netflix New Zealand cost?
Netflix has three streaming plans to choose from, depending on your HD and device number needs. There are no fixed terms. You can change plan whenever you like.
* The Basic plan is $9.99 a month. This is SD, with 1 simultaneous stream and 1 device to download offline content to.
* The Standard plan is $13.99 a month. This is HD, with 2 simultaneous streams and 2 devices to download offline content to.
* The Premium plan is $19.99 a month. This is HD and 4K, with 4 simultaneous streams and 4 devices to download offline content to.
How many people or devices can use a Netflix account at the same time?
Depends on the plan you sign up for (see above). It ranges from 1 screen (on the Basic plan) to 4 screens (on the Premium plan).
Does Netflix New Zealand offer a free trial?
Not at this time. Instead it offers a 30-day upgrade (to the next level plan) at no extra cost. For example, if you're new to Netflix and sign up to the Basic plan, you'll get the Standard plan for 30 days.
More info & links
* Netflix’s official website
* All new movies and TV shows streaming in New Zealand